DAY of Surgery:
- Take the medication your dentist has prescribed
- Place a bag of frozen peas over the area. Put it on for 20 minutes and remove it for 20 minutes. Continue doing this for the first day as much as possible. This will help reduce the swelling/ bruising
- SOFT FOODS ONLY!! You’ve just undergone surgery in your mouth so you need to limit movement and forces.
- No pulling of the lips/ sneezing/ strenuous activity.
- Use a medicated mouthwash, toothpaste and a surgical soft toothbrush
- If swelling, discomfort or any other problem gets worse in the days after surgery, contact your oral surgeon
- The dentist will set a schedule for you to visit the office for professional reviews which will include x-rays to assess how the bone is responding and if the implant/graft has integrated to your bone.
- Our hygienist at Mediatrix uses purposely implant-safe instruments to remove calculus from your mouth at your scaling appointment
- Floss Daily! Or use the newer flossing machines if you find it too tedious to do so.
- Take care of your other teeth as problems from the neighbouring teeth might affect the implant.
- Some types of prosthesis will need to be removed to inspect and maintain the implant/ framework underneath.
Clinic Opening Hours
- Monday - Friday 08:00AM - 07:00PM
- Saturday 08:00AM - 04:00PM
- Sunday / Holidays Closed